By Team BitBol,
Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) started to block almost 3 million smuggled smart and features phones after April 30, 2019.
According to sources, there are 2.8 million PTA Non-compliant phones are operating in Pakistan leading to huge loss to national exchequer.
These phones are on block list of Device Identification Registration and Blocking System (DIRBS)
PTA non-compliant phones will be block in several phases and first phase has been started after April 30, 2019 and these handsets were smuggled in Pakistan after second deadline of January 5, 2019.
How to Get Your Phone Unblocked
Once a non-compliant mobile phone is blocked, it cannot be operated in the country again until it is registered with the DIRBS. So, if your mobile phone is blocked, you’ll have to pay the required taxes/duties to get it unblocked.
- Go to this website: http://dirbs.pta.gov.pk/
- Click on the ‘DRS’ tab on the top right corner.
- Sign up with your original name, email ID and CNIC.
- Enter Handset model & and pre-calculated tax/duty will appear on the screen.
- Pay the tax and get your phone unblocked.